Hair Status

Current Length-TWA (Teeny Weenie Afro)
Next Goal Length- Afro Puff Style / EL
Final Goal Length- Bra Strap Length
Last Relaxer- June 1st, 2012 with Trim
Next Relaxer- NEVER!!!!
Hair Goal- Healthy Hair
Current Style- TWA


Sunday, October 7, 2012

Mini Chop/ Pre Big Chop

My last relaxer was June 1, 2012 and due to split ends, the hair dresser cut my hair from APL to full SL.

I had synthetic box installed on August 18, 2012 for a summer protective style and vacation as I went to DR for my birthday week.

I started removing my braids on Thursday October 4 from the back of my head ear to ear and I decided to do a mini big chop and cut off my relaxed ends. I was excited to do it and shocked that I did it. I am not sure if I want to get into curl typing but my hair was very tightly coiled and shrunk about 75% (I'll say that I think I am a 4c). After the cut, I slicked down the back of my hair with water and olive oil eco styler and tied it down with a scarf for the night, but my hair would not stay flat.

I removed the rest of my braids between Friday and Saturday and DC'd overnight. I plan on rocking either my bobraz 3/4th wig from early this year, or my Yaya Virgin Hair. I wanted to get micro braids, but I fear that my hair is too short to be braided.

I do not know if I want to cut off the rest of my hair....I know for sure that I am not ready to rock my short hair so If I do cut it, I will leave some length to the front of my hair as a leave out for my wigs.....

I'll keep you all updated. Check out my pictures below:
I could not see the back so great so I had some straight pieces that the boyfriend will cut off after I wash my hair.
Hair from the back of my head. It measured about 7 inches in length.
I was suprisingly happy and I did not cry! Probably because I know I can hide the shortness with my own hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment