Hair Status

Current Length-TWA (Teeny Weenie Afro)
Next Goal Length- Afro Puff Style / EL
Final Goal Length- Bra Strap Length
Last Relaxer- June 1st, 2012 with Trim
Next Relaxer- NEVER!!!!
Hair Goal- Healthy Hair
Current Style- TWA


Sunday, November 25, 2012

Hair Recipe: Whipped Shea Butter

I am not one to experiment with mixing products nor do I enjoy being in the kitchen cooking, but yesterday, for some strange reason I felt the urge to make some Whipped Shea Butter. Why? Well, I have had an 8oz tube of 100% African Shea Butter since I started by hair journey in 2009, and I only used the thing about once or twice. I did not like the smell of it, and I was use to using other products. I said to myself that I have to start using up products to see whether I like them or not; if I like them, they can be repurchased, if I do not like them, then I can say that I tried it and x, y, and z are the reasons I didn't like it and move on. I also noticed that my shea butter, which was once yellow in color was changing to a white color and I was not sure why (has this happened to you before?).

I stumbled across two videos of natural haired youtubers: Fusionofcultures and Naptural85 who have created homemade receipe's using their Shea Butters, (here are their links: Fusionofcultures Shea Butter and Naptural85 Shea Butter) and I decided that mixing my shea butter will help me to rid of it faster. Both recipe's were similar in nature, however, I was guided by Naptural85's version.

Products Use:
100% African Shea Butter, purchased from a natural food place
Coconut Oil
Jojoba Oil
Sweet Almond Oil
Hand Blender
Measuring Spoons
Icing knife
Empty Plastic Jar
Glass Bowl for mixing

I used about a half of the Shea Butter, 1 tablespoon of Coconut Oil, and 1 teaspoon each of Jojoba Oil and Sweet Almond Oil. I mixed the ingredients with my hand blender in the bowl until there were no visible lumps and the mix appeared fluffy. I then used the icing knife to place the whipped shea butter into my plastic container and that was it- Very Simple.

The whole process took about ten minutes with me getting my products and everything together. Since my hair is long enough for me to do small two strand twists, this is what I will used the Whipped Shea Butter for and see how my hair likes it. At least I'll know that my hair is being moisturized when I use the Whipped Shea Butter.


HHJ
~Danie~





No comments:

Post a Comment