Hair Status

Current Length-TWA (Teeny Weenie Afro)
Next Goal Length- Afro Puff Style / EL
Final Goal Length- Bra Strap Length
Last Relaxer- June 1st, 2012 with Trim
Next Relaxer- NEVER!!!!
Hair Goal- Healthy Hair
Current Style- TWA


Sunday, March 11, 2012

Micro Braids 5 Week Update

As the title of this post states, I have had my micro braids in for three five weeks and they have been treating me sort of well. I loved how my braids came out, but as I started to style my hair, I noticed that all of my braids were not braided down past by hair, so I have been finishing the braids to my desired likeness, which is not a major problem for me. I wish I knew how to install the extensions on my hair nice and tight and then I would not have to go to the salons...

Styling:
I waited a week before I started to style my hair because my braids were still tight, so my hair remained straight and it was either half up and half down or in a bun. For the past two weeks, I have been using flexi rods to curl my hair and I have loved the results.


















 
This past week I was bored and wanted to try something different so I did some flat twists. I wasn't going to keep my hair like this, but the boyfriend insisted.













 I had about eight flat twists on the front section of my hair (from ear to ear) and flat twisted them. The twists were secured by a rubber band. After a week of oiling my scalp and hair, the rubber bands lost elasticity and popped. Once again, the back of the hair was curled with flexi rods.

Once I took down the flat twists, I noticed that I had about less than half an inch of new growth. I will be keeping these braids in for another month and I will continue to keep the braids around my edges from hanging as the braiding hair is heavier then the tiny piece of my hair and I do not want it to pull my hair out. So I'll probably continue with updo's or wearing a headband.

Until next time!

2 comments: