Hair Status

Current Length-TWA (Teeny Weenie Afro)
Next Goal Length- Afro Puff Style / EL
Final Goal Length- Bra Strap Length
Last Relaxer- June 1st, 2012 with Trim
Next Relaxer- NEVER!!!!
Hair Goal- Healthy Hair
Current Style- TWA


Sunday, March 11, 2012

My Sister's Sew In

Today my sister asked me to install her sew in. She purchased two packs of hair- Outre Yaki 10 inches, color 1B and Sensational Too Yaki, 10 inches, color 33. I also had some left over Milky Way Hair, 10 inches, color 1b/33 which I used.

She wanted to leave a u-part of her hair out, so she asked me to relax her edges and the hair to be left out. After relaxing, deep conditioning, and blow drying her hair, I applied Cantu Shea Butter and Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship to her hair.

I then proceed to braid her hair. I braided the sides of her hair down (3 cornrows on each side) two braids around the u-part, and the rest of the hair was braided in a circular motion around the back of her head. I applied my  Sweet Almond Oil and Peppermint Oil mix to her scalp.

My sister suffers from breakage at her nape (not sure why), so I had to add a net to that area of her hair, and I added another net to the area where the braid ended so that it would not unravel during the time she is wearing the weave.

I applied half of the 33 to the back of her hair, which covered about half of her head in the back, then I applied the 1B/33 to the top about two rows, and filled in the gap with the 1B. I flat ironed her leave out and curled her hair.

I did not take pictures, but here is the video.


What do you think? Job well done?

No comments:

Post a Comment