Hair Status

Current Length-TWA (Teeny Weenie Afro)
Next Goal Length- Afro Puff Style / EL
Final Goal Length- Bra Strap Length
Last Relaxer- June 1st, 2012 with Trim
Next Relaxer- NEVER!!!!
Hair Goal- Healthy Hair
Current Style- TWA


Saturday, July 28, 2012

Flat Twist Out

I was reading a blog post on CurlyNikki.com by Shanti who is a natural and did a twist out on her hair. I had the natural or curly head products in my house that I purchased when I thought I was transitioning to natural. Attached is the 3 part youtube clip of the process but I'll just document what I did, pretty much following Shanti's method (check out her blog- acurlsbf.com ).

1. I pre-poo'd hair with VO5 moisture milks conditioner, jojoba oil, coconut oil and sweet almond oil.
2. I washed my hair with Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo and Conditioner.
3. I deep conditioned my hair with Mixed Chicks Deep Conditioner without heat for over an hour
4. After washing out the DC, I sectioned my hair from ear to ear, tucked away the back half, and then did a side part in the front and worked with one section at a time.
5. On the section of hair I was twisting, I applied Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave in conditioner and sealed with Sweet Almond Oil.
6. I parted my hair for the section I was going to flat twist and applied a dime size or so amount of Shea Moisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothie and proceeded to twist. At the end of each twist I applied a snap roller to curl the end.
7. I had four twists on the right side, three twists on the left, and about eleven twists in the back.

I applied my satin scarf and bonet and went to sleep. The next morning I removed my rollers, and I applied Fantasia IC Frizz Buster to my hands and untwisted my hair.

Here are some of the results:

I made this twist out last for 5 days. The first day I just wore it down, but after that, I wore it in updo's and in a messy bun.

Check out my youtube video for step by step details:

No comments:

Post a Comment