Hair Status

Current Length-TWA (Teeny Weenie Afro)
Next Goal Length- Afro Puff Style / EL
Final Goal Length- Bra Strap Length
Last Relaxer- June 1st, 2012 with Trim
Next Relaxer- NEVER!!!!
Hair Goal- Healthy Hair
Current Style- TWA


Saturday, July 7, 2012

Meeka's Wash Day

My sister Meeka came to me to get her hair washed. I do not mind doing her hair, but she does not take my advice when I tell her what to do with her hair- such as protective styling. She hates ponytails and buns because she likes her hair to be flowing all on her shoulders and down her back.

With my help, my sister went from shoulder length hair to currently past APL. For about a year straight her hair was hidden under weaves that I did and cared for. Today, she came in my house and I was like "wow, your hair is bra strap length". I told her that I had to take a picture to compare her hair now to the condition it was in two years ago, when I started my hair journey. When I took the picture, I noticed that only a piece of her hair was BSL, most of her hair was past APL, but the ends were just so thin.


I told her that I would have to cut those scraggly ends off and that I would so in two weeks when I apply her weave- that way, she will not miss the length. So on to her wash!

I washed her hair with Aphogee's Deep Moisture Shampoo followed by the Keratin 2 minute reconstructor, let that sit on her hair for about 10 minutes, then washed it out. I sprayed the green tea and keratin on her hair and applied my homemade leave in conditoner (Kimmaytube's version) before roller setting her hair in the mohawk style.

It was too hot for me to apply heat to straighten out her roots and her under processed hair, so I just wrapped her hair up and before she left my house, she comb her hair down. Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures (she left really late and I was tired).



No comments:

Post a Comment