Hair Status

Current Length-TWA (Teeny Weenie Afro)
Next Goal Length- Afro Puff Style / EL
Final Goal Length- Bra Strap Length
Last Relaxer- June 1st, 2012 with Trim
Next Relaxer- NEVER!!!!
Hair Goal- Healthy Hair
Current Style- TWA


Monday, January 2, 2012

My 3/4th Wig

So I have been debating as to what to do with my hair. I've thought about a sew in, box braids, cornrows, and just letting my hair stay in it's natural state.

I created my first L-part wig sometime last month but did not wear it. When I decided to try it out, the wig did not fit me right, and I hated the way it looked with the L-part. So I decided that I was going to remake the wig into a U-part or 3/4th Wig.

When I did the L-Part wig, I used Sensational Premium Too Human Hair, Yaki Natural in 12 inches color 2. I dyed the hair using Clairol's Beautiful Collection in color Darkest Brown, and then I blow dried the hair. I proceeded to sew the hair onto a dome cap (from Sally's) which my foam head mannequin was wearing.
















I had to remove the already sewn in hair from the dome cap and sewed it on a weaving cap. After I was done, I sewed in hair clips- two in the front and one in the back.

 
While it was an L-part wig, I flat ironed the hair and pin curled it. 
 After the 3/4th wig was completed, I proceeded to braiding my hair. I left out about two inches wide, three inches in from the top of my head, and about an inch of my edges on both sides of my hair. Before braiding my hair I moisturized my hair with ORS Moisturizing Hair Lotion and sealed with Sweet Almond Oil with a few drops of Peppermint Oil.







 I am all set and ready for work tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment