Hair Status

Current Length-TWA (Teeny Weenie Afro)
Next Goal Length- Afro Puff Style / EL
Final Goal Length- Bra Strap Length
Last Relaxer- June 1st, 2012 with Trim
Next Relaxer- NEVER!!!!
Hair Goal- Healthy Hair
Current Style- TWA


Saturday, December 24, 2011

Holiday Hair

It is Christmas Eve and I am just getting over food poisoning- so I do not have as much energy as I am use to, but my hair was so dirty that I needed it to be washed, and the family is gathering in Jersey for Christmas- with that comes an annual Family Show Case which my three siblings and I are set to perform a short dance routine, so I know I wanted my hair to be decent enough for the performance- I also want to show off my hair length!!!

Step 1: Get this hair washed!
I use to have my boyfriend wash my hair weekly, but as a graduate student with finals, papers, and reading to do, I fell back to having my hair washed every two weeks. Today I used Suave Humectant Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner.
 Then I applied my ORS Hair Mayonnaise. I needed a heavy protein treatment as I had not had one in almost two months.
The Hair Mayo was left on my hair with a plastic shower cap for one hour
The Hair Mayo was then washed out of my hair and I then sprayed my hair with my Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea  Recontructurizer.
Then I added my homemade leave in conditioner (Kimmaytube's from Youtube's version with different products). And I allowed my hair to air dry for about two hours which is somewhere between 60-75%. I then applied my heat protectant, parted my hair into four sections and blow dried my hair.
After that, I used the same four sections of my hair and flat ironed my hair with my Chi flat iron. And  finally wrapped my hair up and used three rollers to add body to my hair, threw on my scarf and bonnet and went to sleep!.


Below is the look I had for xmas
 

No comments:

Post a Comment