Hair Status

Current Length-TWA (Teeny Weenie Afro)
Next Goal Length- Afro Puff Style / EL
Final Goal Length- Bra Strap Length
Last Relaxer- June 1st, 2012 with Trim
Next Relaxer- NEVER!!!!
Hair Goal- Healthy Hair
Current Style- TWA


Saturday, December 24, 2011

My attempt at a French Braid

So I wanted to do a protective style for work today. It was cold outside and I wanted all of my ends to be hidden. So I decided to do one big French Braid. I did a french braid on myself one time before, but it was from a ponytail, so I knew this would be a challenge for me.

I detangled my hair with my wide tooth comb, and applied my ORS Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion and sealed with my mix of Sweet Almond Oil and a few drops of Peppermint Oil. Then I combed all of my hair towards the back, took a deep breath and proceeded to braid. My boyfriend interrupted me as I was braiding and said that it was looking nice and encouraged me to finished. I said that regardless of what it looks like, this was how I was going to wear my hair.

Wanna see how it turned out???

I realized that it wasn't perfect, but it was good for my first time!
I applied some aloe vera gel to my edges, used a soft bristle brush to brush my hair back, then threw on a bra stap looking head band and was ready to go to work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment